Ads by Google Ads by Google

Court Report



A man facing several sexually related charges involving a 14-year-old girl will fight his case in the High Court before members of a jury.


The defendant, Jackson Aumale is charged with Sodomy, a class B felony, punishable by imprisonment from five to fifteen years, Deviate Sexual Assault with a child, a class C felony, punishable by imprisonment for up to seven years, a fine of $5,000 or both; and Endangering the welfare of a child, a class A misdemeanor which carries a jail term of up to one year, a fine of $1,000 or both.


The government alleges that on March 6, 2013 police were contacted for assistance to investigate a case of young lady who ran away from home and Police Officer Debra Utu was the lead investigator in this matter. Court filings say that during the course of the investigation, 14-year old 'BV' informed police that she had been sexually assaulted.


“Victim explained that she was sexually assaulted during the beginning of the school year, around September 2012,” say court documents. The police heard that on the day of the incident, she went to a church function, and afterwards, church members went home, while she stayed behind with her two young cousins eating ice cream pops and "hanging out".


It's alleged the victim stated as she sat there, she heard someone calling her name and as she turned she saw someone near the bathrooms at the rear of the chapel, but when she told her cousins to look, the person was gone.


Court filings say that moments later, her cousins walked over to Young Mart nearby to buy snacks, leaving her alone in front of the church. “Victim said that after her cousins left, she felt someone grab her and drag her towards the bathrooms in the back of the chapel.”


According to the government’s case, Aumale allegedly kissed the girl and pulled her shorts down. “Victim said she tried to push him off and scream.” It's alleged the defendant touched the victim inappropriately on her private area without her consent. “Victim said she tried to resist defendant and screamed during the entirety of the assault,” say court filings.


According to the court documents, the girl’s cousins heard the scream, and came to her rescue, and after the defendant left she was scared and ran home to tell her father.


The victim stated that her father was busy with other things and did not pay attention to what the victim was telling him about defendant. “Victim said her father knew about the incident because some neighbors told him the following day.”


Investigating officers spoke to the victim’s father who said he was informed by a neighbor that the incident had taken place. It is alleged that he confronted defendant who allegedly admitted to the sexual acts.


According to the case, the victim’s father stated the defendant’s parents apologized for the defendant’s behavior and that he forgave defendant for what he did to his daughter. Court filings say the defendant admitted to touching the victim inappropriately in September 2012.





Chief Justice Michael Kruse accepted the plea agreement made between the government and inmate Ryan Pite accused in the stabbing of inmate Sefo Hymie earlier this year.


Pite, who’s already serving jail time for a spree of burglaries, is accused of stabbing another inmate with a metal object, following an argument between the two.


He was facing one count of first degree assault, however in a plea deal with the government, he entered a guilty plea to second degree assault which was amended from the original count in this matter.


Kruse accepted the plea deal and scheduled sentencing on June 28, 2013.


According to the government’s case, a TCF officer was giving out medication to the inmates when he heard a commotion coming from the cell where Pite was held. The officer ran over to the Bravo Unit and saw the wounded inmate on the floor, while another inmate was holding Pite back.


The officers then proceeded to remove the wounded inmate from the Bravo Unit. The officers were told that Pite had stabbed him.


Court filings say the wounded inmate was taken to LBJ hospital where he was hospitalized in the Intensive Care Unit for three days. Pite is represented by the Public Defender’s office while prosecuting is Assistant Attorney General Camille Philippe.





A two-week continuance has been granted by Chief Justice Michael Kruse in the government’s case against drug defendant Colin Bode who’s charged in two separate cases.


In the first case filed against Bode, he’s charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, while in the second case he’s facing unlawful possession of a controlled substance, methamphetamine.


Mark Ude, who represents the defendant, asked the court for the brief continuance, given that the attorney for Bode in the first case is the Public Defender’s Office. Ude asked that the court allow him time to retain information and documents from the PD’s office because he’ll be handling both cases.


In the first drug case against the defendant, court filings say Bode was waiting in line at the airport to present his passport when Customs K9 'Jordan' alerted near him. Court records say he was taken out of the line into a room where he was searched, and two baggies of marijuana were found inside his pants. Police then took over the case and proceeded with Bode to the police station where he was advised of his rights. 


The second case according to the government’s case, occurred on Mar. 11, 2013, when the Vice and Narcotics Division with the Department of Public Safety received a call from Customs Chief Officer Lefiti Glen requesting Captain Paulo Leuma to come over with a methamphetamine test.


Upon arriving at the Customs Office, Lefiti immediately informed police that another Customs agent had briefed him earlier. The agent said that she had visited her relative, Tolupo Hodges, who is incarcerated at TCF, also on drug charges.


The Customs agent’s relative told Customs that in addition to the marijuana which the police had confiscated, there was also methamphetamine, which they had not found.


The female Customs agent proceeded to the airport, and later called Lefiti via telephone, saying she had found something in a cardboard box with their Custom Inspection tapes.