Boy calls 911 when his mother’s boyfriend allegedly threatens her

TCF GATE
reporters@samoanews.com

Pago Pago, AMERICAN SAMOA — On August 8, 2026, local authorities responded to a 911 emergency call from a 14-year-old minor reporting that his mother's boyfriend was causing a disturbance at their residence in Aua. The minor contacted emergency services after becoming frightened by the suspect's behavior toward his mother.

The defendant was later charged with:

Count 1: Private Peace Disturbance (DV), a class C misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for up to fifteen days, a fine not to exceed $300, or both imprisonment and fine; and,

Count 2: Assault in the Third Degree (DV), a class C misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for up to fifteen days, a fine not more than $300, or both.

The defendant was held without bail.

(Samoa News has withheld the names of the individuals involved to protect the identity of the minors in this case.)

According to the court records, the officers responded to a residence, arriving at approximately 8:26 p.m. Upon arrival, they encountered the minor, who approached the police vehicle and explained that his mother's boyfriend had allegedly behaved inappropriately toward his mother on multiple occasions.

The minor reportedly told officers that the suspect was yelling profanities at his mother, and explained that he had become frightened by the situation, causing him to run out of the residence and contacted 911 to request police assistance.

Police also spoke with another family member who was present at the residence.

According to the witness, the incident had reportedly begun earlier that morning when the suspect woke up and became involved in an argument with the victim.

The witness stated that the suspect began arguing with the victim for reasons that were unclear. During the argument, the suspect allegedly threatened to kill the victim and cut her into pieces.

The witness also informed the authorities that the suspect subsequently approached the victim and allegedly struck her near the ear. The suspect then reportedly left the residence but returned several hours later and went to bed.

The situation reportedly escalated again later that evening.

The witness told police that she and the minor could hear another argument taking place inside the residence. At one point, the victim reportedly came to the bathroom and told the children that the suspect was looking for something with which to beat her.

The witness further alleged that the suspect again laid hands on the victim and continued yelling profanities from inside the residence while the victim was speaking with the children.

The victim also provided police with her account of the incident.

According to the victim, the problems began in the morning when the suspect initiated an argument with her. She reportedly said that she did not understand why the argument began, but the two continued arguing verbally and the suspect threatened to kill her and cut her into pieces.

However, she denied that the suspect had physically assaulted her, reportedly giving her account hesitantly.

The victim told police that although her feelings had been hurt earlier in the day, she had forgiven the suspect. However, she stated that another argument occurred later that evening, prompting her to tell her children to contact police.

The children reportedly told officers that they were afraid of the suspect and did not feel safe because of his repeated threats toward their mother.

The children also expressed concern that their mother was attempting to protect the suspect by minimizing or denying what they claimed to have witnessed during previous incidents.

According to the police report, the children were concerned that the situation could eventually result in serious harm to their mother, particularly because of her existing medical issues.

Following the investigation at the residence, the suspect was transported to the Fagatogo Central Police Station. 

At approximately 9:15 p.m., the suspect was Mirandized and declined to provide a statement.

The suspect was subsequently booked and transported to the Tafuna Correctional Facility pending further court proceedings.

The defendant is identified as a 45-year-old citizen of Samoa.

The affidavit was filed in the District Court on August 10, 2026.

As with all criminal cases, the allegations outlined in court filings remain accusations at this stage, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty in a court of law.

[Editor’s Note: An affidavit is a written statement confirmed by oath or affirmation for use as evidence in court. It is not a court decision.]