Fishery Management Councils to Meet October 11-13, 2023 in Arlington, Virginia
Honolulu, HAWAII — Leadership teams for the nation’s eight regional fishery management councils will gather in Arlington, Virginia for the Fall 2023 Council Coordination Committee (CCC) meeting. The meeting will convene October 11-13, 2023, at the Hilton Arlington National Landing Hotel located at 2399 Richmond Hwy., Arlington, VA 22202.
The CCC will address the following items during this meeting:
- NOAA Fisheries Updates and Priorities
- Budget and 2024 Outlook
- NOAA Fisheries Science Update
- Legislative Outlook
- NOAA Fisheries Policy Regarding Governance
- Inflation Reduction Act Climate-Ready Fisheries Council Funding Priorities and Process
- CCC Subcommittee Updates
- Process for Establishing Fishing Regulations in Sanctuaries
- Overview of the Fiscal Responsibility Act and and Council for Environmental Quality (CEQ) Proposed National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Regulations
- Endangered Species Act and Magnuson-Stevens Act Integration Policy Update
The CCC comprises the chairs, vice chairs, and executive directors of the New England, Mid-Atlantic, South Atlantic, Caribbean, Gulf of Mexico, Pacific, Western Pacific, and North Pacific Fishery Management Councils. CCC chairmanship rotates annually among the eight Councils. The CCC meets twice each year to discuss issues relevant to all fishery management councils. NOAA Fisheries is hosting this Fall meeting and the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council is serving as the CCC Chair this year.
The meeting will be broadcast via webinar.
All current information including briefing book materials and webinar connection details will be posted on the meeting page: