Ads by Google Ads by Google

Man arrested for domestic violence — suspected wife was having an affair

Court Report logo

Pago Pago, AMERICAN SAMOA — A man accused of violating a court order when he went to his wife’s house and allegedly assaulted her while he was intoxicated was arrested this week.

To protect the identity of the victim, Samoa News is withholding the names of all parties involved.

The defendant, a 43-year-old bus driver, appeared in court last week. He is charged with third-degree assault, private peace disturbance and contempt of court.

Bond is set at $1,000 and if the defendant is able to post bond, he is to comply with all conditions the court set when he appeared last month for a prior case, including the condition that he make no direct or indirect contact with his wife.

“You are not allowed to go back to your wife’s house or place of work. Don’t call her or try to confront her in any way,” the court told the defendant, whose pretrial conference is scheduled for next month.

According to the government’s case, the wife contacted police for assistance after she and her two young children arrived home and found her intoxicated husband there.

The wife said she told the defendant to leave because he’s not allowed to come close to them or visit them anymore; but the defendant got mad and yelled profanities at her and their daughters.

The defendant then pulled her hair and punched her in the face multiple times, causing her nose to bleed. The man, according to the government, threatened his wife, saying he would kill her if he finds out that she’s still having an affair with her co-worker.

Police arrived later and apprehended the defendant at his friend’s house.


The defendant was first arrested two weeks ago and charged with third degree assault and PPD for assaulting his wife in front of his two daughters.

The defendant told police that he has suspicious about his wife having an affair with another man.

The defendant was released on his own recognizance, subject to certain conditions. He was ordered not to make any contact with his wife and kids, and he had to reside elsewhere.