U.S. Visa interview week set for Aug. 20- 24 in Apia
Apia, SAMOA — The United States Embassy in Apia is pleased to announce that it will hold its next Visa Interview Week from August 20 – 24, 2018. The online calendar for scheduling appointments will open Tuesday 31 July, at 12pm (Apia date and time).
Please do not email or call the Embassy for an appointment. To access the proper form and book an appointment please visit our website.
- The online calendar for scheduling appointments will open Tuesday 31st July, at 12pm (Apia date and time).
- ALL applicants MUST list Apia, Samoa when completing the DS-160. Consular staff will not accept DS-160 forms that are listed in Auckland and applicants will be asked to provide the appropriate confirmation page with the barcode.
- The U.S. Embassy encourages all applicants to make their application and appointment directly through our webpage and not through a travel agent or other third party.
- If you must use a travel agent or third party, please do not pay an excessive fee for the service and make sure that they confirm they will pass you all email and other communications from the U.S. Embassy.
- If an applicant has recently acquired a new passport, a new DS-160 must be completed with the new passport information. Even if a DS-160 has already been submitted with details from a previous passport.
- Please be very attentive when entering data on the DS-160 application. Any data error in a critical field on the DS-160 application (e.g. name, date of birth, passport number etc.) will result in the applicant being asked to complete and submit a new DS160 form with the correct information.
- All questions on the DS-160 application form MUST be answered, especially ALL previous travel to the U.S.
- Applicants will be held responsible for any errors made by anyone assisting them with the DS-160 application including travel agents.
All interested applicants must secure an online appointment.
To access the form and book an appointment please visit our website. The link below will which will take you directly to the “How to Apply” page. Be sure to select SAMOA, Apia as your location when completing the DS160 form. To avoid receiving an error message while booking an appointment ensure that the relevant information entered matches exactly what you have entered in your DS-160 form.
- If your visa is approved please allow 3 working days for processing. Unless there is a genuine urgent reason otherwise ALL SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE EXPECTED TO LEAVE THEIR PASSPORTS FOR PROCESSING. There may be some applicants who will require more than 72 hours for processing.
When booking an appointment you must have your passport information readily available such as the full name listed on the data page and the passport number. You will also need to list the same email address and phone number as noted in the DS160 form.
ALL applicants with confirmed appointments MUST provide the CONFIRMATION PAGE of the DS160 application form on the day of the interview. Those who do not bring this form will be asked to submit it before the interview can commence. Applicants are NOT required to bring a copy of the appointment confirmation.
Those wishing to secure an appointment should complete their DS-160 prior to booking an appointment.
Students wishing to apply for student visas must also book appointments online and contact their appropriate school to make sure they receive the original I-20 or DS2019 form in time to have it with them during their interview.
Because of the limited appointment slots, applicants must cancel their appointment or contact the Embassy (email: ApiaConsular@state.gov ) should they be unable to keep their appointment. This way, the slots can be released to other applicants who wish to secure an appointment.
Your failure to show up for your appointment without Embassy notification will be noted and may result in your name being removed from future appointment listings