Third Pizza Hut break-in with no arrests yet — other two, same results
It’s been three times that Pizza Hut has been broken into, over a period of three years, and no arrests have been made in any of the incidents, with the latest break-in last Sunday. This is according to Pizza Hut General Manager Tusi Fa’afua.
The Pizza Hut Manager said with the latest break-in, the culprits broke the side door and their main door to gain entrance. They “vandalized the cash register, doors, and took off with the surveillance tapes inside the restaurant and car keys of the Pizza Hut delivery vehicle,” said Ms Fa’afua.
She added there are signs on the vault that someone was trying to open it, but they failed because the vault is opened with a combination code.
The manager said police were contacted when the restaurant was opened on Monday.
The Pizza Hut Manager said they suspect that it’s an inside job, because last week they had terminated several employees for drinking on the job. Ms Fa’afua said the value of the damaged items is close to $3,000.
She told Samoa News that the first break-in took place in 2009; the second was in 2010, when the culprits took more than $2,000 from the cash register — and yet up until now, no one has been held accountable for what has happened. The Pizza Hut Manager said they are looking at boosting security and other options to assure this will not happen again.
Calls and messages left with Deputy Police Commissioner Leiseau Laumoli concerning the lack of progress on the thefts were unsuccessful as of press time.