Ads by Google Ads by Google

Smoke Out: Smoke from electrical fire at Laufou prompts temporary closure

Shoppers and employees employed by various businesses housed in the Laufou Shopping Mall were evacuated earlier this Morning when wiring for a exhaust vent shorted causing an electrical fire around the Koko-Bean area.

The fire according to a company representative was mostly smoke. The entire building is smoked out and it is not sure when it will be open again today (Tuesday, June 19).

As of 11am this morning Emergency Responders were still seen in the area directing traffic and keeping people away from the buildings.

The Laufou shopping mall consists of numerous retail shops, which includes the BlueSky retail store and offices, Carl's Jr. Restaurant, and the Forsgren Retail Store.