East-West Center seeks applicants for Asia Pacific Leadership Program Fellowship
The East-West Center is pleased to invite applications for the Asia Pacific Leadership Program Fellowship (APLP) for the 2013– 2014 year. The APLP is the center of excellence for leadership education in the Asia Pacific region and a signature program of the East West Center.
Currently celebrating its 12th anniversary, the APLP has created a network of 432 dynamic leaders in 53 countries who are helping to build a peaceful, prosperous and just Asia Pacific community. Upon acceptance, all participants receive a fellowship valued at approximately $15,000 USD to cover the majority of the program costs.
The APLP seeks outstanding individuals from all walks of life (government, business, NGOs, health sciences, media, monastic orders, and education) to participate in an innovative leadership development program at the East-West Center in Honolulu, Hawai’i.
From August – December 2013, up to 40 Fellows from around the globe will join regional specialists and leadership educators in a dynamic learning community. Through APLP, Fellows will:
· Explore leadership techniques and tools
· Analyze personal leadership strengths and weaknesses
· Grasp and be able to communicate implications of regional and global trends
· Survey a wide range of content including climate change, demographics, international relations and global markets
· Connect with a diverse range of global specialists and research
· Forge deeper intercultural communication skills and join a lifelong learning community at the East-West Center
· Develop enhanced abilities to navigate regional and personal change
From January – April 2014, Fellows have the option to participate in extended fieldwork in Southeast Asia, internships, self-designed projects and employment experience.
Scholarship deadline is Dec. 1 2012.
For more information about the APLP, please visit our website at: www.eastwestcenter.org/aplp
Source: East-West Center