Ads by Google Ads by Google

Atu’u holds on to cup in 1-1 tie with Green Bay

October 13, 2012 — Atu’u barely holds on to the men’s 2nd division FFAS National Cup after missing several great chances at putting Green Bay away in their 1-1 draw from Oct. 13, 2012 at Pago Park Soccer Stadium.

In other division 2 games it was FC SKBC 4, Vaiala Tongan 1; PanSa 8, Ilaoa & To’omata 1 and Taputimu Youth 10, Lion Heart B 1.

Last Saturday marked the start of the second round robin as teams are on the final leg in jockeying for the top two spots in the division.

Atu’u scored first with Nishant Pradat scoring in the first half but Green Bay came back 15 minutes later with a Fred Asiata equalizer.

Pradat could have won the match for the Broncos on a penalty kick with five minutes to spare in the last half but he pushed it too far right.

Moments before the PK Pradat had a point-blank shot on a great pass from Rafael “Fish” Rocha but he shot it above the cross bar and Atu’u luckily had to settle for the tie despite dominating in ball possession.

They will take on Ilaoa & To’omata this coming Saturday in the cup match.

When these two teams met in the first round Atu’u escaped with a 1-0 win.


Chris Seui had a field day against Vaiala Tongan as he racked up four goals on the day.

He completed his hat trick in the first half alone and in the second Vaiala Tongan played much better defensively.

Fae Pouli gave his team a consolation goal midway through the second half.

SKBC also won the first meeting between the two teams 5-0.


PanSa came out firing against Ilaoa & To’omata as they racked up 8 goals for the win.

When the teams met in the first round PanSa had won but after Ilaoa & To’omata protested the use of an ineligible player the latter was awarded the win.

This time PanSa made sure of the win and helping out their cause were Desmond Tuupule and Sili Toalei with two goals each.

Aliva Afele scored Ilaoa & To’omata’s only goal.


When these two teams met it was for the cup with Lion Heart B challenging for it and the match ended in a 1-1 draw.

This time around Taputimu took advantage of an eight-man squad Lion Heart B fielded by scoring goals in bunches.

Bobby Nuusila had a field day with six goals, scoring four in the first half alone.

At halftime they were only leading 5-1 with Sione Satini scoring for Lion Heart B.