Court Report


A woman who was recently released from jail in connection with a drug related case has been arrested again for attempting to smuggle marijuana into the Tafuna Correctional Facility where her boyfriend is incarcerated.
In 2010 Teroa Faletoi was charged, together with her boyfriend, Samuel Tupuola — a former police officer. Tupuola was convicted of unlawful possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine) with intent to distribute and Faletoi was convicted of misdemeanor charges of possessing an unlicensed firearm and unlawful possession of ammunition. She was sentenced to two years probation and fined $1,000  and was ordered not to possess any controlled substance of any sort.
Tupuola is currently serving his jail term. The new drug case filed against Faletoi is alleged to have occurred last week on Feb. 15, 2014.
According to the government’s case, the Vice and Narcotics Division Captain, Peau Paulo Leuma was contacted by a Lieutenant at the jail that during visitation hours, when Faletoi was visiting her boyfriend Tupuola.
She allegedly brought with her a pair of sport shoes and during procedural search of the items taken inside the jail, correction officers found a wrapped foil inside one of the shoes. Faletoi asked the officer to return the foil to her, but the officer did not; instead, he opened the foil to find two joints which later tested positive as marijuana.
Court filings say that when police officers questioned Faletoi she noted the marijuana joints were given to her by a friend at a party she attended and then she placed them inside the sports shoes. It’s alleged Tupuola then contacted his mother for the said shoes. Faletoi told police she “forgot that she had put two hand rolled marijuana joints into the shoes until they were discovered by the Corrections officer.
A man held on bail of $50,000 who is facing seven criminal charges has entered into a plea agreement with the government, in connection with allegations he broke into the homes of girls he saw during the day and would then visit them at night in their homes.
Seilala Uesi was facing seven criminal charges of first degree burglary, attempted burglary, sexual abuse first degree and third degree assault.
However in a plea agreement with the government, the defendant yesterday pled guilty to two counts of first degree burglary and sexual abuse first degree, while the remaining four charges were dismissed.
Initially the government accused the defendant of breaking into five separate homes on different occasions, however during the plea agreement the defendant admitted to the court that in January 2013 he unlawfully entered two homes.
Court filings say that during the course of the investigation, police spoke to a man who lived in the neighborhood, who told them that Uesi, 37 years old, is the person responsible for the burglaries of several homes in the area. The witness informed police the defendant had been assaulted by kids in the area for being a “Peeping Tom,” when he was allegedly caught in the bedroom of a young girl at night while the girl slept.
The witness directed the police to where the defendant resided.
On May 23, 2013 police spoke to Uesi who admitted that he broke into several homes in the Ili’ili area and did not personally know the victims. He told police that he would target attractive girls he saw out and about in the village during the day, and then he would go to their homes at night while everyone was asleep. 
The government claims the defendant stated that on several occasions, he would perform sexual acts on himself next to the girls while they were sleeping and sometimes the girl would wake up and he would have to jump out of the window and run away.
In one case, he admitted to performing sexual acts on himself while the girl was taking a shower.
Chief Justice Michael Kruse accepted the plea agreement and scheduled sentencing in this matter for March 4, 2014.


Comment Here