Fire burns down Vaitogi home
An unoccupied two bedroom house burned to the ground in Vaitogi, Monday evening. Homeowner David Tupua said the house was in the process of being renovated and could not be saved.
Tupua said he smelled something burning around 8p.m. and when he exited the home he currently lives in, he saw his other house on fire and immediately contacted the Fire Department.
The homeowner told Samoa News that when he reported the fire, he was told that someone had already reported it. Tupua commended the firemen for their immediate response, although they couldn’t save the house, given that the fire had already spread.
Tupua said the house in question was boarded up and had no electricity so it’s unclear to him how the fire started.
There were three fire trucks at the scene and more than 10 firemen assisted in putting out the fire. Police officers at the scene told Samoa News they are investigating the matter.
Tupua told Samoa News, “thankfully, no one was injured from this fire.”
THE NEW COMMENTS PROCESS
To make comments, you will need to register. You can register under your real name or use a 'screen' name. This way, people will be able to follow comments and make comments back and forth to each other. If you choose to use a 'screen name' no one will know your true identity. In either case, no email addresses will be available to anyone. It is an automated process. If you have questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You currently are not logged in, please LOGIN to post comments.