Breast Cancer Awareness walk this Saturday 10/6
Did you know? (according to www.breastcancerawareness.com)
* Every 2 minutes, there is a new breast cancer diagnosis.
* Every 14 minutes, a life is lost to the disease.
* Over 40,000 people will die this year; about 400 of them will be men.
* 85% of all diagnoses have no family history.
* 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer.
* Breast cancer is the leading cause of death in women between ages 40 and 55.
Chances are you know someone who has lost the fight, is bravely facing the disease right now, or is a breast cancer survivor.
Tomorrow morning, you will have the chance to support the brave victims of breast cancer, advocate in their behalf, raise awareness of the illness, and do something to prevent it.
Be a part of the movement that spreads awareness and encourages early screening, come on down tomorrow morning (Saturday, Oct. 6) and join the Breast and Cervical Cancer Program and the American Samoa Community Cancer Coalition in an awareness walk from Faga'alu Park to Utulei Beach.
The walk begins at 6am, and T-shirts will be given to all participants at the starting point. At Utulei Beach, there will be more fun exercises- with Zumba and other activities on the beach.
The Biggest Winner Initiative (BWI) also has a Special Surprise GIFT BAG for the participant who arrives to the event in their most spirited PINK outfit (the breast cancer awareness color).
There will be Breast Cancer Warriors and Survivors walking alongside those currently battling the disease. Do you have a cancer warrior you'd like to honor? Come out in support of Breast Cancer Warriors everywhere!
Sponsored by the DOH Breast and Cervical Cancer Program and the AS Community Cancer Coalition. Questions? Call 633-2135,