Login

Typhoid strikes tragedy in Samoa

RECOVERED: Two of the young family members who were infected; Sefo Sefo and Fuamai Tovia. They are both four-year-olds. [Samoa Observer]

A family who lost two newborn babies to typhoid is warning the public. Family member, Temukisa Sefo says people should always boil tap water and clean cooking utensils before and after use. 

Last month, nine members of the Auimatagi Tovia family, of Malie, were infected with typhoid fever.

Click to read story at The Observer



THE NEW COMMENTS PROCESS

To make comments, you will need to register. You can register under your real name or use a 'screen' name. This way, people will be able to follow comments and make comments back and forth to each other. If you choose to use a 'screen name' no one will know your true identity. In either case, no email addresses will be available to anyone. It is an automated process. If you have questions, email: webmaster@samoanews.com

You currently are not logged in, please LOGIN to post comments.